The Oral Interview will be conducted by a panel to assess your suitability for the position. The panel members will evaluate your ability to communicate, your interpersonal skills, your level of preparation, and decision-making skills. Candidates that pass the Oral Interview phase will move forward to the Background Investigation step.
TIPS FOR INTERVIEWING
- Learn about the department by exploring this website
- Review Agent Duty Statement
- Review ABC mission statement
- Be prepared to explain what makes you more qualified than the other applicants
- Dress professionally
- Be confident and courteous
- Listen carefully to the question before you answer. If you do not understand a question, say so
- Remain calm – interviews are inherently stressful; however, if you have prepared yourself, you should be able to relax and enjoy the interview process
- Develop a concise closing statement to summarize your strengths and why you are the right person for the job
The department conducts peace officer interviews primarily in Cerritos, Sacramento and Concord for positions located throughout California.