The Oral Interview will be conducted by a panel to assess your suitability for the position. The panel members will evaluate your ability to communicate, your interpersonal skills, your level of preparation, and decision-making skills. Candidates that pass the Oral Interview phase will move forward to the Background Investigation step.
TIPS FOR INTERVIEWING
- Learn about the Department by exploring this website
- Review Agent Duty Statement
- Review Agent Trainee Duty Statement
- Review ABC mission statement
- Be prepared to explain what makes you more qualified than the other applicants
- Dress professionally
- Be confident and courteous
- Listen carefully to the question before you answer. If you do not understand a question, say so
- Remain calm – interviews are inherently stressful; however, if you have prepared yourself, you should be able to relax and enjoy the interview process
- Develop a concise closing statement to summarize your strengths and why you are the right person for the job
The Department conducts peace officer interviews primarily in Cerritos, Sacramento and/or Concord for positions located throughout California.