Daily Licenses

Get the Forms


Beer and Wine $50.00 a day
General(includes beer, wine & distilled spirits) $75.00 a day
Special Temporary License $100.00

Method of Payment

Cashier’s check or money order made payable to the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.

Application Requirements

  • Complete Daily License Authorization (Form ABC-221)
  • Authorization from the property owner is required (property owner may sign Form ABC-221 or a signed letter showing the date, time, place and type of alcoholic beverages to be served may be submitted)
  • A detailed diagram of the event location may be required on outdoor events (Form ABC-253)
  • Form ABC-221 must be submitted to the local ABC District Office which has jurisdiction over the event location. For a listing of ABC District Offices, please visit our District Offices contact page.
  • Form ABC-221 may be submitted either in person or by mail.
  • Form ABC-221 must be received within ten (10) days of the event, but should not be submitted more than thirty (30) days in advance

If your organization intends to make a “Casino Night” or use controlled games as part of your fundraising event, you must comply with Business and Professions Code Section 19985, which includes pre-approval from the Bureau of Gambling Control of the Department of Justice. Please visit their web page for more information.

Qualified Organizations

  • To qualify for a GENERAL license, you must be:
    • An organization formed for a specific charitable or civic purpose
    • A fraternal organization in existence for over five years
    • A religious organization, or
    • A political organization.
  • To qualify for a BEER AND/OR WINE license, you must be an existing non-profit organization, including a charitable, civic, cultural, fraternal, patriotic, political, religious, social or amateur sports organization.
  • If this is the first time your organization is having an event, the organization must first be qualified by the Department. As proof, you should bring in IRS and/or Franchise Tax Board documents showing your tax-exempt status with your tax I.D. number

Police Department Approval

Police department approval may be required when any of the following apply:

  • A large number of people are attending
  • The event is being held on a public street or in a public area (i.e. – parking lot)
  • This is the first time an event is being held at the location
  • The event is a “casino night”
  • In certain other circumstances at the Department’s discretion.

It is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain local law enforcement’s approval. This may be done via a letter from the local agency, or the official may sign directly on Form ABC-221.


The issuance of the license may be subject to conditions relating to the sales, service, and consumption of alcoholic beverages. If conditions are imposed, a representative of the organization may be required to come into the ABC office to sign them.

If the above requirements are not met, the one day license may not be approved.