Salary and Benefits
Join the ABC for an exciting career that offers competitive monthly salaries, generous vacation and retirement benefits, opportunities for growth, work-life balance, and the opportunity to make a positive impact in communities throughout California.
Agent: $4,762 – $8,649
Agent Trainee: $3,741 – $5,045
Overtime Compensation is Available
- Education Incentive Pay
- Bilingual Pay
- Field Training Officer Pay
- Department Instructor Pay
- Longevity Pay
Agents earn vacation and sick leave credits based on the number of years of state service. Additionally, the State offers 10 paid holidays and two professional development days each year.
Peace Officer Protective Equipment
The Department furnishes all required safety and peace officer protective equipment, uniforms, and individually assigned vehicles.
Agents work a 4/10 work schedule (10-hour days/4 days a week) with no graveyard shifts, allowing for excellent work-life balance.
- CalPERS 2.5% at 57 for new members. Final compensation is based on the highest average monthly pay rate during thirty-six consecutive months of employment.
- Retired Agents are eligible for lifetime health and dental benefits.
- 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans available.
Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
The Department provides comprehensive medical, dental, and vision health care plans for Agents and their dependents. Agents may select from numerous health care plans that best meets their needs.